What Is A/B Testing?
This is a type of marketing research that takes both A and B and determines which one is working better. One of them is more effective for marketers with e-commerce conversion. Their job is to find out which one it is.
The more effective one is going to lead more sales and conversion rates. Some customers go to a site and just window shop. Some customers will go to a site and do more than just window shop. They will do what they are supposed to do and buy. It is the job of the marketing research to find whether A or B is the more effective tool to use for this action.
A/B Testing and How It Gets Implemented
1) The researcher tests every page using different variances. They find out through each test which page is going to be more effective.
2) How many of you have ever seen the show The Big Bang Theory? Do you remember what Leonard does on the show? He takes a hypothesis and tests them. His job is pretty similar to what an A/B marketing researcher does. Every marketing researcher has a good idea of which one is going to work better. They develop many different hypotheses to back up his feeling. They go through each one to determine the accuracy.
3) The A/B marketing researchers have to develop a statistic to back up their work. Some stats end up being a fluke. Some of them conclude what the researcher thought all along. This part of is also very similar to what Leonard does on the show. Leonard has to show proof of what he has come up with or his theories will not be viable. The same can be said about the stats the A/B researcher comes up. These stats are their evidence.
4) The researcher takes these findings to the various e-commerce web pages that customers use. They use their stats to further conclude which page is going to work better for customers and conversion rates. These stats help when it comes to reviewing which pages were more effective for an actual purchase.
5) Marketing researchers have found that specific colors help when it comes to customer conversions and purchasing. Certain colors entice customers more than others.
Visit Sentient’s profile at Linkedin.